Please take a look at our Data Studio Connector for Shopify. It allows you to create and share Data Studio reports for your Shopify store. Our connector ships with this beautiful template:
To get started, please create a private app in your Shopify admin. You’ll need set read access to Orders and Products.Get the Shopify API Connector
Enter the info you got when you set up your private app. The options for Limit and Sleep Time are used to control the amount of data and how fast the Shopify API is called. If you have a lot of orders and get errors, you may have to reconnect and increase Limit and Sleep Times.
- In order to get the data from the Shopify API in the right format, it has to be flattened, like a csv file. Since an order can contain multiple items, each line item will be associated with the same order id, name and other data points. For this reason I did not include Order Total as a metric since it would be associated with each line item and summing it would not make sense.
- What does get summed and aggregated is Item Revenue, which is the product of Item Quantity and Item Price. The Item Revenue is likely different than order total because it does not include taxes and shipping costs.
- Many data points are not yet included, so if an important metric or dimension is missing, please let me know.
- Caching is implemented for product images and icons, but not order data in general.
- Sensitive information such as API keys, passwords and order data is never logged.
- This connector is not yet published in the gallery.
- Added more data points: Net Sales, Tax, Shipping, Discounts, Open/closed, Active/Cancelled Orders, Refunds*
*Note that refunds are attached to orders. So if you process a refund today for an order that was placed a few days ago, and you run a Data Studio report for today, the refund will not be listed in the report.Get the Shopify API Connector