What should you do about the audit results?
- Ecommerce tracking not enabled. Analytics Buddy relies on Ecommerce being enabled on your site. Here are instructions.
All other audit items are optional or may not be applicable to you:
- Enhanced commerce tracking not enabled. While no longer required as far as Analytics Buddy is concerned, you can enable Enhanced Ecommerce to get more granular data.
- Site search tracking not enabled. Lots of goodies in this report! Here is how you set this up. The query parameter is typically q
- Related Products tracking not enabled. In order to view related items (“people who bought this also bought this”), you have to turn on the setting in Google Analytics.
- AdWords not connected. If you do run Adwords campaigns and are sending traffic to your store, you should link your Adwords and Google Analytics accounts. Please note that we can’t do this step for you as we believe that you should “own” the link between Adwords and Google Analytics
- Check that AdWords auto-tagging is enabled. In most cases you’ll want to have auto-tagging enabled. To enable auto-tagging:
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the gear icon, and select Account settings.
- Make sure you’re on the Preferences tab, and click Edit in the Tracking section.
- Select (enable) the Auto-tagging checkbox.
- Click Save changes.
Have questions about any of this? For a limited time we are offering to set up your Google Analytics configuration for free! Please email us if you’d like to take advantage of this.